- November 9, 2020
- Posted in Personal Growth
December is one of the phenomenally precious times every year. While students are busy with their examination preparations, many professionals and their family members engage themselves in travel, holiday, festival and gifts etc. When it comes to gifting, we take so many considerations while identifying those – the very objective of the gift remains to make the receiver happy and joyous.
This year, the suggestion is to suggest to you to plan gifts for yourselves. Pick those which suit your temperament. This is important because when you gift yourself with any of these ideas, you actually make this world a better place for everyone around.
Self-Gift ideas for 2020
1. Spend quality time with yourself and reflect upon the last 365 days of your life. What were the achievements and what were those steps/acts you would have wanted to avoid or undo (given a possibility)? This can lead you to precious learnings from 2019!
2. 365,60,2 – For the next 365 days, why not resolve to start your day with yourself! The idea is to spend the first 60 minutes of the day in two essential activities: 1) Do the exercise for body fitness 2) Read/listen to good books for ensuring mental happiness!!
3. Have your goal chart ready – Before the clock strikes 12 at the end of 31st December – revisit your life goals, redraft those with whatever adjustments you want and be prepared with a fresh bill for the new year. Let this be a non-negotiable vision document for 2020.
4. Watch your peers: Identify at least 5 successful competitors from your ecosystem (even those whom you might be jealous with). List out the great qualities and abilities these people/entities behold. In the new year, resolve to upgrade yourself with those skills/talents.
5. I am a strong advocator of ZTT: ‘Zero Television Time’. Just for one year, if you can stop watching TV and invest the time in your personal growth activities, the returns will be unimaginable.
6. Write your diary every day – whatever maybe your plans for the day, week, month or year, scribble everything on that special private page. This habit helps build a better connect with your subconscious.
7. NSp Moments – Every day, spend at least two hours without access to your smartphone. (NSp = No Smartphone) Believe me, nothing will go wrong in the NSp hour, on the contrary, it will add a lot of value.
8. Find your fears and feed your courage. Each one has some element of fear within us. Some people are afraid of open spaces, and some others fear crowds! There is a community of people/students who cannot face appraisals/ examinations. Whatever be the phobia, identify it and face it. Tell yourself that you will grow taller than the mountain of fear this year.
9. Allow your past to sink: Each one has a past. Not everyone has a glorious one. There can always be incidents in history which you still regret. Let those bygone moments sink into your soul. Communicate to yourself that the past has already gone. The train of life has moved ahead. It’s a new destination. Accept your past and relieve yourself of emotional harassment.
10. Forget and forgive your enemy: the best strategy is to have zero animosity with anyone. Pardon all sins, forget all misgivings. It is human to err. If you do not forgive others, you tend to absorb a lot of anger, frustration and stress.
11. Encourage people around you to select the right career. Share your career story with them, especially the students. Inspire them to be scientific in identifying the right career choice for themselves.
12. Kill your comforts: Acquire the ability to stretch yourself and perform under uncomfortable situations. Winners venture into discomfort and convert it into a cosy zone.
13. Must practice ‘Blue Brown Manifestation’, at least for 20 minutes every day. This process serves a double purpose – it gets you into meditation. It also helps you attracts your future and manifest it!
14. Handwritten messaging: Technology has high jacked our communication system. Shun it. Write postcards to your friends this year. See joy overflowing with tears when you wish them happy birthday with a manual signature!
15. Amplify your credibility: Be a person of words, do what you say and say what you do. There should be no reason for anyone on this universe to disbelieve your words!
16. Add that extra: Every day, do something extra to achieve your goals. Only when we put in that “extra”, do we become Extra Ordinary.
17. Love, Let Go & Passion: Let this be the motto of your life in the new year 2020. Spread Love, Let go all past worries and be passionate about your goals.
Friends, the above gifting ideas will surely add strength, value and courage to your personality. These suggestions will also lead individuals to happiness and success in their respective careers. When it comes to personal growth, let it be non-negotiable. Start 2020, with gifts for yourself.
The Next Step | Lifestyle | TOI extract